Ice Skating in the Square
We're excited to announce Ice Skating in the Square! Opening on November 30th, the Ice Skating Rink will be open through mid-January.
|Hours of Operation|
- Rates: $5.00 for 20 minutes of skate time
- Skate times are at the top of the hour/ half past the hour
- Rink capacity is 20 people
- Be sure to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your desired skate time
- Waivers are required for all skaters. Anyone under the age of 18 must have a waiver signed by their parent/guardian.
- Waivers are available at the rink. Alternatively, they can be printed and completed in advance. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Will the ice melt? No, it's synthetic. No heat waves will ruin our fun!
- Is it really like ice skating? According to the manufacturer, skating on the synthetic ice is about 95% the speed of real ice.
- Do I need to wear socks? Yes, socks are required to use our skates. Tall socks are recommended.
- Do I need my own skates? No. We have skates from youth size 13 to Men's size 14. For sizes smaller than 13 youth, we have adjustable double-bladed skates that strap on the kid's normal shoe. Of course, you're welcome to bring your own skates if you have them.
- Do you charge to rent the skates? Skate rentals are included in the price.
- Are there age restrictions? No one under the age of 3 is allowed on the ice.
- How many people can skate at once? The rink holds 20 people at at time.
- Can I join a skate already in session? Yes, if the rink is not at capacity. The price will remain $5, regardless of the time remaining.
- Do I have to wear a helmet? Helmets aren't required, but are recommended, especially for younger skaters. We have helmets available upon request, free of charge.
- Do you have storage for our valuables while we skate? No. It's recommended not to leave any valuables unattended. We are not responsible for any lost/stolen items.
- Do you rent the rink for private parties? Yes, that can be arranged! Give us a call at Dobson Town Hall 336-356-8962 to discuss in more detail.
- Can I reserve a skate time? Not at this time, but we'd like to make that happen in the future.
- I want to skate for longer than 20 minutes. Can I just pay for 2 sessions at once? Yes, if no one is waiting to skate. If there is a wait, you'll have to get back in line. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>