The Town of Dobson recognizes that the success of our organization depends on the quality of work provided by its employees. The Town works hard to recruit, develop, and retain knowledgeable employees who work towards the goal of making the Dobson a desirable place to live and work.


The Administration Department facilitates the Town’s Human Resource efforts by administering personnel policies, payroll, and benefits, maintaining personnel records, and promoting workplace safety.

If you are interested in working for the Town of Dobson, Download and fill out our Application for Employment.

Application EmploymentApplication For Employment

We strongly recommend you deliver an Application for Employment along with a cover letter and resume in person to the staff at Town Hall. If there are no current openings you can still fill out an application that we will keep on file for approximately 2 years.

Town of Dobson Employee Benefits

  • Hours - The Town’s business hours are 8AM to 5PM Monday through Friday. Work hours will vary specific to each department. The Town generally conforms to the State’s holiday calendar and employees accumulate leave time at competitive rates that increase with longevity.
  • Compensation - Compensation varies depending on the position and is generally competitive with salaries offered in comparably sized and located municipalities in the state.
  • Health Insurances - Employees, their spouses and families are eligible for health, dental, and vision insurance through the Town’s group insurance. The employee is responsible for 35% of the monthly premiums for these insurances. The Town covers the remaining 65%.
  • Life Insurance - The Town provides $50,000 in life insurance for general employees and $75,000 for Department heads. The North Carolina Local Government Employees’ Retirement System also provides a death benefit based on salary that is no less than $25,000 but does not exceed $50,000. Employees may also elect to purchase various other additional insurances.
  • Retirement - Every employee who works more than 1,000 hours will join the North Carolina Local Government Employees’ Retirement System. Under this system a 6% contribution is deducted from every paycheck and the Town contributes approximately 7%. Employees become vested in the system after 5 years of service.
Login